List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for KDesktop
From:       Christian Loose <christian.loose () hamburg ! de>
Date:       2003-05-15 20:00:23

Am Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2003 18:53 schrieb Andrea Bergia:

> Hi. I made a patch for KDesktop to allow it to auto - line up the icons.
> When an user moves an icon, with this patch the icon is automatically lined
> up into the grid (as he rclicked on the desktop, selected icons, and then
> line up). Of course there's a check box in the right menu to allow the user
> to disable it. What do you think? Will you apply it?

(I'm not the maintainer of kdesktop. So I can't comment on the patch.)

Hi Andrea,

Unfortunately not many core developers have the time to read this high-volume
list anymore. So there is a good chance that your hard work will get lost in
the noise. :-(

A better way to submit a patch is to send it to the current maintainer (I
think it's David Faure for kdesktop) or to create a new bug report
(bugs.kde.org) and attach the patch to it.

The second approach will make sure that your patch definitely won't get lost.

Bye

Christian