List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror (khtml) jumbling-up images
From:       Gary Greene <greeneg () student ! gvsu ! edu>
Date:       2003-05-04 17:40:57

On Sunday 04 May 2003 11:57 am, Sarang Lakare wrote:
> The bug seems to be in the PNG viewer of KDE. The png images when loaded
> separately, show the same problem. However, the images load just fine using
> image magic and eog (eye of gnome). So I suspect this is a bug!
>
> Please do not refer to the URL below. I have changed the images to jpegs
> now so that konqueror can display them properly. However, one of the png
> images is here:
>
> http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~lsarang/pub/broken-image.png
>
> to experiment. If you load the image using konq, it does not display
> properly.
>
> Sarang
>
> On Sunday 04 May 2003 04:43 am, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 11:49:16PM -0400, Sarang Lakare wrote:
> > > I am getting a strange error on this page:
> > >
> > > http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~lsarang/research/projects/rangeshifting.php
> > >
> > > Open it in mozilla and konqueror and compare the images on the second
> > > row in the image gallary (foot dataset). Konqueror is not showing the
> > > correct images, but rather arbitrarily replacing the images with some
> > > other ones!
> >
> > The bug is still there.
> >
> > > This are the correct images (as rendered by mozilla):
> > > http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~lsarang/pub/correct-images.jpg
> > >
> > > and this is what I get with konqueror:
> > > http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~lsarang/pub/wrong-images.jpg
> >
> > It even changes. Every time I reload the page I see different images.
> >
> > > My system is stock Linux Mandrake 9.1 that comes with KDE 3.1
> > >
> > > Can anybody check with latest CVS and see if it works? Else I'll file a
> > > bug.
> >
> > I have a CVS from yesterday.
> >

> > Michael

Lol. Thanks for making me kick myself for not reading the complete thread
before responding :P

- --
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from uriel.gvsu.edu
 13:39:41 up 21:06,  4 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.19, 0.14
Founder and president of the Grand Valley Linux Users Group.
  -=<http://www.gvlug.org>=-
Chief Systems Architect, SSC Limited, Inc. - OS Department.
PHONE : 331-0562
EMAIL : greeneg@student.gvsu.edu