List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: (followup) Re: [despammed] Best way to recursive folders?
From:       Mosfet <dan.duley () verizon ! net>
Date:       2003-05-04 17:34:02

I'm doing command-line thumbnail utilities for a new thumbnail specification
I'm working on. This would include things like "pwdthumb" for printing the
thumbnail folder of a directory, "optimizethumb" for removing old thumbnails
or ones in duplicate sizes, "rmthumb" for recursively removing thumbnails,
and "mkthumb" for recursively generating ones for PNG, JPEG, TIFF, and GIF
images.

Since these are all relatively small, (with the exception of mkthumb - that
will need a lot of image loader code in it), don't require any GUI library,
and I am encouraging both GTK and KDE developers to check it out I figured I
would use C. Life is a pain in C, tho ;-) I miss the QTL or STL. No wonder
they had to make a glib >:) You don't realize how dependent you've become on
more advanced data structures until you go back from C++ to C for awhile :P

Of course PixiePlus does all the same things as the utilities and is in C++,
but I think people would like C CLI non-GUI stuff as well.

...snip...