List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ui.rc file location
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2003-05-01 7:14:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 23:16, Sarang Lakare wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 April 2003 04:34 pm, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > Start developing libs: You have to install everytime. Start using
> > KParts: You have to install every time. Start developing for aRts:
> > You have to install every time...
>
> I don't just develop libraries, I have designed and developed entire
> framework for plugins in OpenVL.
>
> In any case, installation is not always necessary when you are building
> modules. Atleast for OpenVL, I have defined an env. variable
> OPENVL_PLUGIN_DIR that the developer can point to his/her directory
> where the library gets compiled. This way there is no need to install
> after every compile. I am sure KParts etc. have a similar feature
> (simply
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH?).

As in the whole thread, it is again KDEDIRS
KDE needs to find the service description file and the library.
I wouldn't be practical to have separate env variables for every resource
type, so you point KDE to the roots of directory trees which then hold
the data.

If you think KDevelop should create such a tree in the project directory
and symlink all data files to their respective position, I assume it
would be better to ask for that on the KDevelop mailing list.

Cheers,
Kevin