List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ui.rc file location
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2003-04-30 1:26:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Fred wrote:
>A good solution I can think about now would be to search for the ui.rc in
> the working directory first, and is not found search in the standard KDE
> directory (as it does today).
>I don't see any bad impact of doing that, and that would solve this problem.

It doesn't seem that you've read what I said. "ui.rc" is a very common name,
so it's also very likely that more than one application uses that for its UI
file. What would happen if you were to run that second application and it
found the other one's ui.rc?

I agree that it should be possible to tell the application where to find them,
just as you do with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or other similar environment variables.
But do that by default for any application, even in a production environment,
I don't think that's wise.

Think of PATH. It doesn't search the current directory unless you specificy it
explicitly.

--
  Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
 thiagom@mail.com