List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror feature bounty to control Flash & Animated GIFs
From:       Brian McGroarty <brian () mcgroarty ! net>
Date:       2003-04-26 23:43:34

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 08:07:45PM -0300, Marcos Dione wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 03:30:00PM -0500, Brian McGroarty wrote:
> > What I'm after is for this to be put into KDE release code:
>
> 	given the mails from staikos, would you mind if the code is provided as
> a patch? I would like to apply it to my sources too.

I'm happy and willing to pay bounty so long as it's in a form that can
be considered for release. I think once a few try it, many will want
it and (fingers crossed, thumbs pinched) it'll go in.

Blocking only the most obnoxious web ads will give incentive to
advertisers to stop abusing these tools, and if Konqueror has it,
hopefully more will follow. This approach is much more fair to
webmasters than the complete ad-blocking proxies. Webmasters depend on
impressions to keep the sites running!