List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror feature bounty to control Flash & Animated GIFs
From:       Sarang Lakare <sarang () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-04-26 23:09:24

I think both are excellent ideas! There are times when I want to see an
animated GIF again (I have set animations to play once).

> For Flash (and other?) Plugins:
>
> Currently, I uninstall the Flash player because there are so many
> intrusive ads. Periodically I have to reinstall it because a site
> requires it, or because I actually wanted to see a funny Flash movie.

There is an option for this already in konqueror.. Go to Tools -> HTML
Settings -> Plugins. If there is a tick mark before Plugins, then they are
enabled.. you can disable them forever and enable only when you want.

> What I would like is the option to put a play button [>] in places
> where Flash exists on a page. The Flash player application would only
> be run when the play button was pressed.
>
> Alternately, perhaps this could be a "Don't start automatically"
> option for every individual type of plugin, so abusive Java and future
> plug-in types can be controlled as well.

This is a great idea I think. The plugin area would be blank if plugins are
disabled.. and when the user clicks either in teh area or on a play button,
the plugin will be loaded. That will be cool.

Sarang