List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Conferencing software
From:       Rich Bodo <rsb () ostel ! com>
Date:       2003-04-25 15:42:53

> > * GnomeMeeting -
>
> I found it the most decent one so far, but the quality wasn't really good, as
> you mentioned. I didn't test it for long though (yet)

I have had very good success with gnomemeeting.  Netmeeting
compatibility and compatibility with openh323 projects such as opengw
make a very powerful combination.  We just got done adding h323
support to bayonne (well, it's beta, but it works so most of the work
is done), so you get acces to bayonne based phone systems with
gnomemeeting now as well.

> > * KPhone - as I tried to build it on my KDE CVS - it doesn't compile at the
> > moment.
>
> I have it built with the Head version here. But... honest... it may sound
> stupid, but I don't know how to use (configure) it.  I just gave up.
> GnomeMeeting is straightforward to be used compared to this.

Kphone was primarily used to test a SIP stack, and it looks like no
attention was ever really paid to the audio channel, so it never
really got off the ground.  I used it to test against another sip
stack I was working with years ago, but it would always crash when I
got to sending real audio.

-Rich

--
Rich Bodo | rsb@ostel.com | 650-964-4678