List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: FreeDesktop.org spec thumbnails suck?
From:       Michael Olbrich <michael.olbrich () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-04-25 8:32:52

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 05:27:19PM -0500, Mosfet wrote:
> I don't think I am going to support this spec. I think it's a spec on crack
> ;-) I may switch to storing all thumbnails in the home directory, but I won't
> use the other parts of the spec.

If you do so, you might want to look in the list archieves first. There
was a discussion why thw home dir is not such a good place to store
thumpnails. The main point was, that the home dir id often on a network
file system. If I remember correctly the conclusion was to move the
cache to /var/tmp/.

Michael