List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: What needs to be committed..
From:       Alex <suy21 () lycos ! es>
Date:       2003-04-24 17:29:36

El Jueves, 24 de Abril de 2003 17:35, Andreas Nicolai escribió:
> When committing a KDE (kdevelop) project to a CVS repository, I was
> wondering what is actually necessary? Of course all the data dirs and data
> files and the makefile.am in these directories and the src dir with all the
> cpp, h and ui files. But what about the admin directory and all the files
> in the project root? Will the "autom4te.cache" directory be recreated or
> should it go into the repository as well?

I asked recently this question in kdevelop, and the answer is not specially
easy (well, I had an extra problem with cvs, but now this doesn't matter).
The best you can do, is try to look at http://webcvs.kde.org/ and give a look
at other projects.

If your project is very simple, you can take a look at my actual repository,
that still is very simple:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dfsm/mdesigner/

But you have to decide some things. For example, if you checkout the files in
my repository, you need to run "make -f Makefie.dist", and this calls
autoconf. Maybe it's better for you to distribute a "configure" file with
your code. But this is the point where you must decide what is more
convenient for you ;-).

Best regards.
--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID: 0xAA8D2A01