List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Constant rebuilds
From:       craig.howard () shadnet ! shad ! ca
Date:       2003-04-24 15:37:30

Hi, I checked out kdemultimedia and ran the following commands:
$ WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5=1 WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.7 make -f Makefile.cvs
$ ./configure --enable-debug=full --prefix=/usr/kde/cvs
$ make

Then whenever I rerun make (or run make install), the whole source tree
tries to rebuild itself!  Does anyone know why?  It makes no sense to me.
Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of make?

My other projects seem to behave normall wrt make.

I'm running Gentoo Linux 1.4rc4 with gcc 3.2.2, make 3.80 autoconf 2.57 and
automake 1.7.2

Please cc me on the reply, as I am not subscribed.
--

Craig Howard
3B Computer Science -- University of Waterloo