List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdenetwork configure error
From:       Tim Wunder <tim () thewunders ! org>
Date:       2003-04-24 14:23:45

On 4/24/2003 9:51 AM, someone claiming to be Tim Wunder wrote:
> Trying to update my kdenetwork from KDE_3_1_BRANCH. I last compiled this on
> March 28, 2003.
>
> I've recently (yesterday) updated kdelibs and kdebase from CVS without any
> problems.
>
> When I attempt to configure kdenetwork, I get the following screen output:
> checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... configure: error: not found - you
> need to install kdelibs first.
<snip errors>

More info. After running 'cvs update -C' then 'make -f Makefile.cvs' in
kdelibs, I get this error:
kdecore/tests/Makefile.am:22: invalid unused variable name: `AM_LDFLAGS'
kdeui/tests/Makefile.am:23: invalid unused variable name: `AM_LDFLAGS'
kio/kfile/tests/Makefile.am:22: invalid unused variable name: `AM_LDFLAGS'
kio/tests/Makefile.am:21: invalid unused variable name: `AM_LDFLAGS'
kparts/tests/Makefile.am:3: invalid unused variable name: `AM_LDFLAGS'
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

FWIW:
$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53

$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)

Additionally, I am unable to run configure in kdebase (with the same
error as I mentioned that I get in kdenetwork), but I *did* compile
kdebase yesterday using an old configuration (I didn't run ./configure
yesterday).

BTW, should I take this problem to another list?

Thanks,
Tim