List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KFileItem Modification Time
From:       <reply () eninteractive ! com>
Date:       2003-04-24 13:26:43

--184443243103.12800.reply@eninteractive.com

Hi All

This is my first mail to this list.I have started developement in kde some time \
before.

I am facing a very strange problem with KFileItem.I am trying to get the modification \
of a file which is somewhere on network.

My code for that is following.

KFileItem item1(KURL("smb:/MAIN/EN3/En/LINDOWS/source.txt"),"text/plain",KFileItem::Unknown);
 KFileItem item2(KFileItem::Unknown,KFileItem::Unknown,KURL("smb:/MAIN/EN3/En/LINDOWS/source.txt"),true);

cout<<"time ="<<item1.timeString(KIO::UDS_CREATION_TIME);
cout<<"time ="<<item2.timeString(KIO::UDS_CREATION_TIME);

I should get correct time of file source.txt But my time string that i am getting is

"time =12/31/69 4:00 pm"

in both cases and for every file.

I have tried one more thing to get mimetype dynamically, i used function \
KIO::NetAccess::mimetype(KURL &)but it is giving error "undefined reference to \
mimetype..." at linking time while all other functions of KIO::NetAccess are working \
fine.

Please suggest me where i am doing wrong.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Amit Jain

En-Interactive : en-powering the future