List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Compiling OpenGL apps on SuSE 8.2/DRI system
From:       Chris Howells <howells () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-14 13:30:32

Hi Martin,

On Monday 14 April 2003 14:12, Martin Willers wrote:

Thanks for the response, this was driving me mad ;)

> Probably nothing. Someone (SuSE or maybe nvidia, if that's your graphics
> driver vendor) didn't include this file. Since it's only a text-file, you
> could create it yourself; this is what I did.
> Just copy e.g. libGLU.la as libGL.la and replace all occurrences of
> "libGLU" with "libGL". Watch out for the correct version numbers of
> libGL.so!

Interesting idea. In the end, it seems that XFree86-GLX-devel (rpm -qi
XFree86-GLX-devel) isn't the correct version of mesa for GL development --
I've installed mesa-devel now after removing XFree86-GLX-devel and it seems
to work.

--
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, howells@kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 33795A2C