List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Required -lstdc++ missing in some Makefile.ams?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-14 6:50:27

Am Monday 14 April 2003 02:50 schrieb Ravikiran Rajagopal:
> Hi,
>   I find that I need to link in libstdc++ by hand on the major targets in
> the following directories of KDE CVS for the last 2 weeks - nothing on my
> build machines have changed:
>
> arts/mcop
> kdelibs/kjs
> kdepim/mimelib
> kdenetwork/lanbrowsing/lisa
> kdegraphics/kgamma/xf86gammacfg
> kdesdk/poxml/antlr/src
> kdevelop/lib/antlr/src
> koffice/kexi/kexiDB/cql/cql/common
>
> I have an uptodate kde-common. Has some basic setup requirement changed? I
> added one more machine to my distcc host list, but I don't think that
> should matter. If it is an oversight, I volunteer to edit the appropriate
> Makefile.ams.

Your distcc has a bug. It calls gcc no matter what you tell him what compiler
to use. And only if you call g++, libstc++ will linked into. Adding
-libstdc++ will help you to get around linkage problems, but linking using
g++ is adding more than that, so you still will have faulty binaries.

I sent Martin once a patch but it seems, he doesn't test g++ linkage, so
it broke again ;(
I could send you the patch I'm using (distcc 1.1suse) tomorrow.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu мир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화