List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Officially back :)
From:       Mosfet <dan.duley () verizon ! net>
Date:       2003-04-10 22:01:58

Thanks! I can't express how happy I am now >:) It was getting really rather
frustrating trying to both keep up with everything and do my own development
on such an old machine. I was able to compile this new one completely from
scratch including the kernel, all the the associated Linux utilities, my
favorite apps, and X and KDE CVS in just a couple of evenings after work.
This is rather incredible to me :)

Running KDE CVS head I only had two problems: The first is the KMail SMTP
kioslave seems busted, but it's under heavy work right now so I guess that is
to be expected. It complains that the server doesn't support any of the
transport schemes, (it should be just plain text). I tried all the different
options anyways and when that didn't work just recompiled and installed the
ioslave from KDE 3.1's kdebase. This works fine. The other problem is just a
minor one. Konqueror's status bar seems messed up - when opening a new Konq
window for the first time it's height is twice as big as it should be.
Opening up new windows is fine. Suprisingly I also seen the same issue with
PixiePlus'es KPart support when using KHTML so I think it's actually throwing
a newline or something in there.