List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Officially back :)
From:       Daniel Duley <dan.duley () verizon ! net>
Date:       2003-04-10 16:41:33

Okay, my system is all set up and I'm officially back in action :) I'll update
my site in a little bit. Thanks to all the people who donated hardware! My
system totally rocks :) Everything compiled myself and optimized for my
processor, a sane filesystem structure, all the little stuff like
initilization, gettty, bash, vim, etc... configured exactly like I want it,
and I even got fortune back >:) Cool stuff, I'm very happy now and will be
able to get lots more done.

My software priorities are as follows:

PixiePlus 0.5.5. This will be the first beta release. Features will be frozen,
messages will be frozen for translators, and the focus will be on bugfixing
for a 1.0 release. A partial list of major new features include KParts
component support for viewing many non-image documents inside PixiePlus,
interactive Shockwave flash thumbnailing, interactive MPlayer-based video
thumbnailing, Konq compatible thumbnail updates, extensive multiple-image
comment regexp searching/editing, and the GUI has been rewritten to look more
like other KDE apps and use more KDE features such as XMLGUI, KDialog, etc...
ImageMagick is now optional. I also have to finish up a patch for kdefx that
updates many of the effects ported from ImageMagick.

Liquid 0.9.6pre5. I'm rewriting the KWin window manager component although
there will also be other smaller features such as contributed MMX support,
better progress bars, better pressed button shadows, etc...

Theme manager. We still need to all talk about this.

Other toys. Now that I finally got a machine with decent compile time and keep
up with all the development going on I may pick up some old ideas/code I had
that I never finished. No promises here, tho ;-)

MosfetPaint. Once PixiePlus 1.0 is out I hope to finally be able to focus on
this again. I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure out how to efficently
handle brush direction when doing things like dodge or burn. Normal brushes
are already finished.