Thank you very much Waldo. Your much more simple and straight forward way has undoubtedly saved me hours of frustration. I tried it and it works like a charm! Thanks! If you don't mind a brief follow up question; I believe I was trying to do what you described, basically turn a plugin into a K/QApplication by including and linking in all the required KDE libraries. In theory this should have worked shouldn't it? John On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 11:51, Waldo Bastian wrote: > On Thursday 03 April 2003 19:36, John Lange wrote: > > The code to launch the application is very straight forward: > > > > sprintf(target, "/tmp/test.txt"); > > KURL url(target); > > ( void ) new KRun( url ); > > > > Works fine in the stand-alone application but when I put that code into > > a mozilla plugin it causes mozilla to segfault. > > KRun needs a K/QApplication in order to work, I don't think that's something > you want to do in a plugin. > > The following is slightly slower but much easier since you don't need to link > against any KDE code: > > system("kfmclient exec /tmp/test.txt"); > > Make sure you properly quote/escape the filename so that you don't run into > problems if the file happens to be named rm -rf ~ > > Cheers, > Waldo -- John Lange >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<