List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Testers needed for new ksplash and userinfo
From:       "Ravikiran Rajagopal" <ravi () ee ! eng ! ohio-state ! edu>
Date:       2003-04-03 22:38:05

Hello,
  I need people to test the new KDE splash screen and a password changing
module currently in CVS. Here's what you need to do. Get an uptodate copy of
kdebase CVS and kdeutils CVS.  Compile them as usual. After installation, see
the user information module in the control center,  and let me know if there
are any problems.
  The new splash screen is not compiled by default. But it is simple. After
running "configure" in kdebase, cd to the ksplashml directory, run "make" and
"make install". Let me know if there are any problems. If there are none, I
will put up other themes (XP, Mac, Classic, etc.) on the web.

Regards,
Ravi