On March 29, 2003 08:05 pm, Andras Mantia wrote: > So how can I ignore some items from the KPart XML GUI? I've tried to play > with the noMerge="1" for the and , but without any luck. > :-( > > Andras After a ton of hunting on this same problem, I discovered this: QDomDocument KXMLGUIClient::domDocument() Returns: The parsed XML in a QDomDocument, set by setXMLFile() or setXML(). This document describes the layout of the GUI. What you do is call QDomDocument doc = part->domDocument(), then use the QDom to remove the unwanted XMLGUI entries (do this before you merge the GUI). It is pretty easy to figure out what nodes to remove by looking at the parts ui.rc file. Example: QDomDocument doc = editpart->domDocument(); QDomNode menu = doc.documentElement().firstChild(); menu.removeChild( menu.firstChild() ); // Remove File Menu Entries menu.removeChild( menu.firstChild() ); // Remove Edit Menu Entries menu.removeChild( menu.firstChild() ); // Remove View Menu Entries menu.removeChild( menu.lastChild() ); //Remove Help Menu Entries ... or go into more detail to remove single nodes. I did not want these menus at all. Simple as pie :) -- Jason Keirstead, BCS http://www.keirstead.org >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<