List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: UI Inconsistency OK APPLY buttons
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2003-04-01 3:26:12

> I'm volunteering to look into these problems and solve them all so KDE
> configuration dialogs get a consistent look and feel.
>
> If everybody agrees I'll go to work and send patches to the list for
> confirmation by the authors of those packages.

Ok ignoring the ugly thread that people have started I will get back to the
original post.

Yah!  I also have been doing this (same train of mind) With KAutoConfig you
could very easily add this functionality with about four lines of code, a new
signal and a connection in each app.  At that point you would just have to
migrate applications to use KAutoConfig (that arn't already) and rip out all
of the duplicate code to enable this feature.  As today was my last day at
Sharp Electronics (contract ended, anyone looking for a Qt programmer? :) I
will have a lot more free time.  If anyone wants me to work on on their app
next (I have finished my list of apps that I have gotten permission to
modify) e-mail me and I will work with you to move to KAutoConfig.  I would
love to work with you [Willy] in this goal of yours.

-Benjamin Meyer