List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: UI Inconsistency OK APPLY buttons
From:       Andreas Nicolai <Andreas.Nicolai () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-03-31 16:30:46

Hi!

> But I did not find a nice way to do that. So I thought of dropping that
> Apply button...
I agree with Willy that in cases where the program design doesn't allow
on-the-fly updates the Apply-Button should be removed.

In your case the (modal) dialog simply has to know the main widget and call an
appropriate "update/change content" function. The framework will sort the
updating out (so that the main widget will display the 8 cards and the modal
dialog will be put on top of it again). So just go ahead, write that update
function (as you probably have already), pass a pointer to your main widget
to the dialog and let him simply call that function from your
"applyButtonClick" slot.

Andreas