List:       kde-devel
Subject:    XMLGUI documentation
From:       Rob Walker <rob.lists () tenfoot ! org ! uk>
Date:       2003-03-31 13:25:20

Hi,

Is there any decent documentation on the format of the XML files used in
XMLGUI? The only documentation I could find on developer.kde.org didn't
really explain the use of all the tags such as noMerge, defineGroup, Merge,
MergeLocal, append etc etc.

Specifically, I want to know:
 - How to integrate xml files from ui_standards.rc, an application and a part.
 - How to control what gets merged where e.g. I want edit menu items from a
   part to be grouped with similar ones from the app, not just at the end.

I spent a couple of hours at the weekend trying various combinations at random
until I got something that seems to work, but this should have taken 5
minutes if there was some documentation of all the options available.

Thanks

Rob

--
Rob Walker <rob@tenfoot.org.uk>