List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Some problems porting an app
From:       Alex <suy21 () lycos ! es>
Date:       2003-03-31 2:02:01

Hello.

I'm doing an small kde application, using kdevelop, and I'm having some
problems recently, when I tried to port it to another machine.

Even now, I was coding in an athlon (i686) with Red Hat 8, with no additions
but the security updates (kde 3.0.3, qt 3.0.5). But now, I tried to compile
the same source code in an ibook (power pc) with Debian 3.0, plus kde 3.1.1
from Ralf Nolden's backports (kde 3.1.1, qt 3.1.2).

I have this error:

fsmview.cpp: In method `void FSMView::addTran()':
fsmview.cpp:67: type `QTable' is not a base type for type `QWidget'
make: *** [fsmview.o] Error 1

And the source code, is just that:

void FSMView::addTran()
{
        QTable *temp = statetabs->currentPage();
        temp->setNumRows( temp->numRows() + 1);
}

"statetabs", is a QTabWidget.

I don't know if my code is wrong (it compiles, and runs perfect in my other
machine), if is a problem with Qt/KDE versions, or a platform depent code :-?
(or a bug in the packages?)

Any suggestions?

If those two lines are commented, the program compiles well, but then it
happens something I don't expected. My custom actions, those created with
KAction, don't appear. I suppose that my XML file, isn't included in the
compilation, but I don't how to do that, because I'm using the same kdevelop
project, and all look the same for me :-/.

The source code is the same, and I call createGUI() with the name of my XML
file, so I don't know where I have to look for now. Any hint?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Best regards,
--
Alex (a.k.a. suy)  -  GPG ID: AA8D2A01