On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 09:19:43PM +0000, Robin Atwood wrote: > The start situation was KDEBASE 3.1.1 and a previously populated > ~/config/kdm. I cleaned out that directory and reran make install in > the kdebase/kdm directory and now the correct number of fles are > created. What's more I can now logon! > oh. that shouldn't happen ... > So maybe some problem in the install process if the directory entries > already exist from a previous build level? > who knows, who knows ...? sorry, i seem to have lost my crystall ball, so please excuse that i cannot tell you what happened exactly. ;-) to analyze the problem i need the files that were present _before_ the erroneous installation, the strace output from a run of "genkdmconf" on this data and the the resulting unworkable config files. greetings -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<