List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: pkg-config, glib2 etc.
From:       Matthias Kretz <kretz () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-03-17 21:04:39

On Sunday March 16 2003 05:12, Sean McGlynn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I saw the discussions on core-devel recently about glib2 possibly being a
> requirement for aRts and, thus, KDE as a whole. I didn't actually see a
> final conclusive yes or no though.

Who can say a conclusive yes or no? There's no one that could do so.

> Now, I'm compiling CVS for the first
> time in many months. Arts wanted pkg-config as a requirement, so I
> downloaded and installed that. (I also noticed that pkg-config has its own
> copy of glib in the sources). Now Arts wants glib2 as well, which I don't
> have either yet. Before I proceed further, can I take it that glib2 *is*
> now a definite requirement for KDE3.2 and, also, can I expect Arts to come
> up with any more "you need this as well" messages.

You can expect a lot of changes in KDE multimedia. And expect that KDE won't
_depend_ on aRts as soundserver anymore. No guarantee though ;-) (at least
not from me).

There's a lot of things to do, so please bear with use when things break for
you.

--
C'ya
        Matthias