List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: pkg-config, glib2 etc.
From:       Sean McGlynn <sean () tmiau ! com>
Date:       2003-03-17 20:10:25

On Monday 17 March 2003 14:22, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Sean McGlynn wrote:
> > Going into a war without France is like going deer hunting without an
> > accordion player.
> > (borrowed from kuro5hin.org posting ;-)
>
> No smile - please leave nationalism out of an international list.

It's nothing to do with Nationalism; it's something I saw that made me laugh.
If you don't share my sense of humour, that's your problem, not mine.

If the list admin makes a rule that no-one is allowed to include *anything*
in their @mail.kde.org emails (even their sigs) that might cause offence to
anyone else, in any way, shape or form, then I won't use it *here*. But I
think that would be a sad day where facism would finally have its victory.

I'm fortunate enough to live in a part of the world where freedom of
expression and the right to have opinions and a sense of humour are allowed.
Others are not so fortunate. I pray though, that one day everyone will be
able to enjoy such freedoms. [or does "praying" offend you too!]

Maybe you should also contact the creators of the BibleTime project for
daring to use KDE software to promote their religion. Or perhaps this piece
of software I saw on apps.kde.com today doesn't have your seal of approval:

[ManifestoStudy]
"ManifestoStudy aims to provide a set of libraries and modules for studying
Marxist writings. Currently it provides a simple application to read the
Communist Manifesto in text mode in several languages."

You must be fuming at that one. A piece of "political" software, written for
KDE *and* mentioned on kde.com. How did that one slip through your
censorship net!?

Sorry Friedrich, but I won't be complying with your narrow minded
interpretation of my sense of humour.

Apologies to everyone else for OT posting, but needs must at times.

> Thank you
> Friedrich

Cheers,
Sean
[who was going to change his email sig this week anyway, because he was bored
with it, but will now leave it untouched for another few days]
--
Sean McGlynn
sean@tmiau.com