List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KSplash/ML donation?
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-03-14 11:11:25

On Donnerstag, 13. März 2003 06:40, Gary Greene wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2003 7:23 pm, Mosfet wrote:
> > How about Monday? I got to work a lot tommorow and Friday and will be
> > spending the weekend in St. Louis. I'll be available pretty much all day
> > Monday, tho.
> >
> > The meeting will be for two reasons. First off is so we know everyone
> > working on the various bits of theme management. I was kindof frustrated
> > because I talked about it on kde-usability and no one mentioned they were
> > already planning anything, so if your planning on working on any of this
> > please either attend the meeting or email me or Ralf! Everyone is busy
> > these days so duplicated effort is no good.
> >
> > The second reason is for basic tech discussion. My current plan is to
> > implement the theme management as a separate library using the current
> > theme manager/KPersonalizer code, then you guys can replace individual
> > methods as you transition to dcop. We'll need to discuss this a little
> > bit, as well as some other things like how we are going to implement
> > revert and new or improved features like C++ style, cursor, and
> > splashscreen support.

> > > Just write around when and where you want to have that meeting here and
> > > directly by email - otherwise I may miss it :-)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Ralf

> I'd be interested in cutting my teeth on themable UIs for kdm_greeter. :)

Tackat and Ossi will want to join too I think.

Ossi: the defaults for kdm don't use keramik yet in the kcontrol center
module. Changing only one setting causes all other settings to be overwritten
which kdm uses by default (keramik etc.) I think this needs fixing too for
now.

Tackat, do we have the mockups that we made last year for kdm still there
somewhere ?

Ralf

- --
Ralf Nolden