List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Enhanced MacOS style top menu bar
From:       "S.G.R.Nijssen" <snijssen () liacs ! nl>
Date:       2003-03-12 13:36:45

It's interesting to see how my applet is getting attention again!
I agree with the arguments that were given. I liked making this
applet, but I didn't have the time to maintain it and therefore didn't
want to force it to KDE.

> If the author isn't willing to maintain it in CVS, I'll step forward
> and offer to do so.

Well, that is good news!

> The patches to kmenubar.{h,cpp} are simple, easy to
> understand, and clean. The menubar applet itself is something a friend
> of mine and I are hacking on tonight, but it ought to be ready for
> inclusion (unless someone else objects) inside of a week.

I am very interested in what you're doing and look forward to your
changes. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding my code.
There were some issues with respect to its integration with the window
manager, Lubos Lunak told me in september in response to my original
announcement. Perhaps you could also coordinate your changes with him.

Siegfried.