List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: isVisible() bug?
From:       Gunnar Schmi Dt <gunnar () schmi-dt ! de>
Date:       2003-03-10 9:00:13

Hello,

On Sunday, March 9, 2003 23:00, Sarang Lakare wrote:
> On Sunday 09 March 2003 04:31 pm, Gunnar Schmi Dt wrote:
> > The only way to solve this problem that I see by reading the
> > documentation is inheriting showEvent() and hideEvent() and keeping an
> > own flag.
>
> But these get called only when hide() or show() are called right?
> [...]

According to http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qwidget.html#visible-prop these
methods are called whenever the window gets hidden, minimized or placed on
the wrong virtual screen:

<cite>
A widget receives spontaneous show and hide events when its mapping status is
changed by the window system, e.g. a spontaneous hide event when the user
minimizes the window, and a spontaneous show event when the window is
restored again.
</cite>

Gunnar Schmi Dt