List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: HELP NEEDED: "make dist" produces package but it is not buildable
From:       Erik Sigra <sigra () home ! se>
Date:       2003-03-08 12:33:11

lördagen den 8 mars 2003 07.40 skrev Erik Sigra:
> I tried "make dist" and it produces a package but when I move, unpack,
> configure and make it, it fails.
>
> First it misses the file configure.in.in, which it seems like "make dist"
> forgot to include. That should not be a big problem because I could add it
> to EXTRA_DIST. For this test I just copied it from the original project
> tree.
>
> But as soon as it tries to compile a target that includes a moc file it
> fails because the moc file is not generated. If I execute "moc <name>.h -o
> <name>.moc" for all those cases I can continue to build the application.
>
> I notice that the Makefile.in in my original project tree has rules for all
> moc-files, but not the Makefile.in in the dist.
>
> The Makefile.am contains "METASOURCES = AUTO".
>
> I have tried with admin-dirs from both HEAD and KDE_3_1_BRANCH.
>
> What could be wrong? Can I do anything better than adding the moc-files to
> EXTRA_DIST?

Now I see that the Makefile.in in the dist actually contains the moc targets.
When I try to build the package I execute configure and then make. But when
make runs, it looks like it executes configure again!? This could be an
indication about a bug in the build system or it could be because I had to
include configure.in.in in EXTRA_DIST. After the second execution of
configure, Makefile.in has been recreated without the moc targets!?

I tried both with and without Makefile.cvs in EXTRA_DIST? Unless I get some
clever help, my next attempt will be to ditch "METASOURCES = AUTO" and add
the targets manually to Makefile.am.