List:       kde-devel
Subject:    QPainter and multi-component beziers
From:       Lauris Kaplinski <lauris () kaplinski ! com>
Date:       2003-03-07 18:27:03

Hello!

I am trying to write KDE print module for sodipodi
(http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net), but got stuck with
the following problem:

Is it possible to draw multipath beziers (or multipart
polygons, as I can convert beziers in driver) with QPainter?
I.e. things like donut with hole.

Digging in KDE print and Qt references, did not reveal
anything helpful (please forgive my ignorance, if I overlooked
something trivial, as this is my first flirt with Qt/KDE).

My questions
- is this possible in standard way with QPainter?
- if not, can some KDE specific module do that?
- if not, how are KOffice/Karbon14 solved that problem?

Of course I can always fall back to pure bitmap rendering
/printing, but this may can become quite memory expensive
for large graphics, so I'll better avoid it, if possible.

Thanks in advance,
Lauris Kaplinski