List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Simple Q for someone: How do I turn off cups support?
From:       "Furnish, Trever G" <TGFurnish () herff-jones ! com>
Date:       2003-02-28 17:38:41

> From: George Staikos [mailto:staikos@kde.org]
> On Friday 28 February 2003 12:16, Furnish, Trever G wrote:
> > BTW, the problem reported during the build was:
> > make_driver_db_cups.o: In function `parsePpdFile':
> > make_driver_db_cups.o(.text-0x5ef): undefined references to `gzgets'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
>   You have a stale zlib, probably in /usr/X11R6/lib/ lying
> around.  Remove it.

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be the case - the only libz.so files I have
are symlinks to libz.so.1.1.3 in the /usr/lib directory.

There's a libz.a file in /usr/X11R6/lib - could that be it?  The file
command reports at as a 'current ar archive'.

Other thoughts?  Is it possible to just turn off cups support?  I know the
first compile I did (on a box where it worked) said "CUPS support: no" in
the typescript I made of the build, but this one doesn't.

-t.