List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Simple Q for someone: How do I turn off cups support?
From:       "Furnish, Trever G" <TGFurnish () herff-jones ! com>
Date:       2003-02-28 17:16:29

I'm hoping this is a really simple question for someone.  How do I tell
konstruct not to include CUPS support?  The build is failing on a cups
doo-hicky and I don't even need cups, but I have no clue how to tell
konstruct not to include it.

I was using konstruct to compile kde3.1, this time on redhat7.3, after
successfully doing it with no problems on another 7.3 system, but on the
first system I didn't have the CUPS rpms installed from redhat, and they
seem to be causing the build to fail on the second system.

I'd rather not remove the CUPS rpms and run the entire build again - it
takes hours - but how do I tell the build process not to include support for
it?  I'm not even sure which packages I'd need to remove to make it decide
not to automatically put it in if I re-ran the build.

BTW, the problem reported during the build was:
make_driver_db_cups.o: In function `parsePpdFile':
make_driver_db_cups.o(.text-0x5ef): undefined references to `gzgets'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Help?

--
Trever