List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Small idea: programs useful when not logged in
From:       "Erik K. Pedersen" <erik () binghamton ! edu>
Date:       2003-02-15 22:06:10

Lørdag 15 februar 2003 10:02   skrev Oswald Buddenhagen:

> it's bit fun.

It is all a question of what you can do at what level. Permissions if you
wish. When I am root, I have the right to ruin everything. When I am a
certain user, I only have the right to harm myself. At the kdm login it might
be nice to be able to do things, that really really are harmless. At our home
where the computer always runs, it would be nice for my wife to be able to
see the number of unread e-mails. She logs in lot to see whether there is
e-mail. These are the kind of features it would be nice to see kdm get.

Erik