List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdeutil configuration problem
From:       Paul Campbell <paul () taniwha ! com>
Date:       2003-02-06 22:04:25

On Thursday 06 February 2003 01:23 pm, Willy De la Court wrote:
> can someone explain this
>
> when running make -f Makefile.cvs in kdeutils i get this
>
> *** Creating Makefile templates
> automake-1.6: klaptopdaemon/Makefile.am: object
> `wake_laptop.$(OBJEXT)' created both with libtool and without
> automake-1.6: klaptopdaemon/Makefile.am: object
> `daemon_state.$(OBJEXT)' created both with libtool and without
> automake-1.6: klaptopdaemon/Makefile.am: object
> `portable.$(OBJEXT)' created both with libtool and without
> automake-1.6: klaptopdaemon/Makefile.am: object
> `smapidev.$(OBJEXT)' created both with libtool and without
> make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> all source from cvs

Hmm - I'm the main klaptopdaemon developer, I just synced in
admin and the same thing jumped out at me.

These 4 files are compiled both into an app and into a shared
library so I can imagine that they could/should be built with
libtool and without - the goal was to make a quick loading app
that would check to see if kded needed to load klaptopdamon or
not (by static linking at least some of it).

I'm busy building a shared version that should fix the problem
(sadly this has triggered a resync and rebuild in kdelibs in my
environment which will take a while :-)

	Paul