List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt-Copy missing?
From:       1stFlight <1stflight () ameritech ! net>
Date:       2003-02-06 13:33:24

For jpegs to work as backgrounds this is what I ended up doing.
Keep in mind this is for Redhat 7.3

1) I blew away my existing install of qt , even the older ones (seeing
as though I don't have any programs that used the older versions, they
were just wasting space)
2) edited my /etc/profile fille with the lines

export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$$MANPATH
export  LD_LIBRARY_PATH-$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

3) Recompiled the newest qt from the Trolltech site  3.1.1  (I can't
remember the whole name of it) qt-x11-free-3.1.1

4) Untarred that into /usr/lib, note it created its own directory of
qt-x11-free-3.1.1, and built it in place according to the instructions
provided at the KDE site
5) Created a symlink (  ln -s /usr/lib/qt-x11-free-3.1.1 qt ) to make
the path correct
6 Lastly, I rebuilt kdelibs

By the time all was said and done, jpegs work perfectly on my machine.
For that matter so does everything else.  YMMV

                                        Darryl

--
  It's not that life is so short, it's that death is so long...