List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Add kate compile-and-handle-error-messages feature?
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-02-05 21:49:56

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 00:14, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> [This is a does-this-feature-exist message. If the feature does not exist,
> I'll take a stab at implementing it. That's what -devel is for, after all.]

Get a tarball from http://www.cs.kun.nl/~adridg/katemake.tgz . This is an
initial implementation, ripped off brutally from Daniel Naber's xmlcheck
plugin, which was just perfect inspiration. The plugin is rather brutal with
key shortcuts, hijacking alt-r for "run gmake" and ctrl-alt-{left,right} for
"prev/next error message". It's also gcc centric, the "parser" just greps
output lines. It's also not smart about subdirectories at all.

However, what it does do, if you're editing file F in directory D and hit
alt-R, is:

	cd C ; gmake | grep ^[a-zA-Z0-9_-.].[chp]*:[0-9]*:

each matching line is displayed, it opens the first error (ie. opens the file,
jumps to the line and does a passive popup of the error message) and leaves
it at that. ctrl-alt-right jumps to the next error.

It's certainly a long way from complete, but I find it useful already.

[ade]

PS. The readme in kdeaddons mentions
	* projectmanager: create, compile and build a project inside Kate
but that seems to be missing / empty.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
     Key fingerprint = 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE