List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Finding screen coordinates in kate
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-02-05 21:21:47

Is it possible to discover the screen coordinates of the cursor in Kate? For a
plugin I'm writing I'd like to do a KPassivePopup near the cursor, and for
that I'll (probably?) need the screen coordinates of the cursor.

The next step is of course putting up a KPassivePopup near an
application-defined point (as opposed to at the edge of the screen or
somewhere out of the user's way). Is this possible without subclassing
KPassivePopup? The moveNear() there is protected.

[redundancy:] What I'm looking for is a PassivePopup or QToolTip like window
that the application can place anywhere on the screen and that disappears
after a little while, that doesn't steal focus or require a click to get rid
of. It's intended to display information about the current line in a kate
document, which is why I need the screen coordinates from there.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
     Key fingerprint = 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE