List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Structure in $HOME
From:       "Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <amadorm () usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2003-02-05 15:50:36

Well, IMHO the proper place to put thumbnails is $HOME, into some
directory that is shared among KDE and GNOME.  If sysadmins need more
disk space, they can erase browser and thumbnail caches with a single
bash command:

for a in `cat /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{ print $6 }' | xargs echo ` ; do
rm -rf "$a/.directorycontainingcache" ; done

This should take less than 5 minutes.  This could be run before every
backup.