List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re: kio_slaves never die
From:       Alexander Neundorf <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-02-02 13:07:00

Subject: Re: kio_slaves never die
Date: Friday 31 January 2003 23:41
From: Alexei Dets <adets@idsk.com>
To: Alexander Neundorf <alexander.neundorf@gmx.net>

Hi!

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 31 January 2003 22:00, Norberto Bensa wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have posted to kde-linux but so far, I have only one reply from someone
>> with exactly the same problem:
>>
>> After upgrading from 3.0.3 to 3.1 final, kio_slaves never die. They sit
>> there, and bring my system to its knees. I need to kill them manualy.
>>
>> Now, I've tracked it down to be a problem in my ~/.kde directory,
>> something that 3.1 doesn't like, but I don't know what it is. My question
>> is: what files control kio_slaves behavior? I don't want to delete the
>> whole ~/.kde again... I guess knowing which files to delete would be
>> faster and smarter.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Norberto
>
> whic ioslaves don't die ?
> All ?

All.
I had exactly the same problem after upgrade KDE 3.0.5 -> 3.1 final.
For example, if you have regular mail checking enabled, after some hours
you'll have _hundreds_ of kio_pop3 running... But this applies also to
kio_file, kio_http etc. - all of them.
Removing all ~/.kde and all other KDE files (like .mcop etc) what I was able
to found fixed the problem. But this is a really ugly situation! :-(((

	Alexei

PS. I'm not subscribed to kde-devel, so can't post directly to the list.