List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Performace issue
From:       Miguel Figueiredo <migueljrf () netcabo ! pt>
Date:       2003-02-01 23:46:47

Hi guys,

I have this question

I installed gentoo linux last month and it rocks!!! After that I've installed
Kde 3.0.5 and it runned very smothly but now it takes very long time to
run K appplications (like 20-30 seconds).
I just upgraded to 3.1 and the problem remains... :(
Since I'm running gentoo linux witch compiled kde optimized for my CPU I find
this rather odd...

Is this just KDE that hasn't resolved some issues or do I have some internal
problems in my instalation??

Best Regards

Miguel Figueiredo

P.S: Before gentoo I had a Red Hat 8. machine and had the same problem....