On Monday 27 January 2003 13:31, Unai Garro wrote: | Yes, I tried them, but as I said, the fonts are embedded in bitmap format | (Type 3) anyway, so the quality is not really good. I tried to increase | the resolution of the fonts to 2400dpi and this improves a bit the result, | but the difference with Type1 fonts is immense. | | As far as you don't use ttf fonts there's no problem. You can easily use | fonts such as "Times" (Type1), but not "Times New Roman" or "Verdana" or | "Arial",... etc which are ttf. I have somewhere Type1 variants of Arial and Times New Roman (made by me, for *testing purposes*), I can send you those in private mail. IMO, Type1 fonts suit much better current KDE/Linux printing model (GhostScript, etc.). Better avoid using TrueType fonts. Good alternative to Type1 fonts are OpenType fonts (.otf), but unfotunately Qt-3.1 can't embed those fonts in generated PS/PDF files. They are rendered fine on screen, though. | | So far I can oly think of two solutions: | | 1) Add a printer menu: "Convert all fonts to Type1", with a list of fonts | that more or less accurately replace those fonts. BTW: you can do that with PfaEdit | | 2) Indicate in the font selection combo if the fonts are ttf or type1 (or | whatever else) Or you can install Type1 fonts only. | | > Did you try to play with the "Driver Settings" tab in the printer | > properties dialog for the pseudo printer write-to-PDF? There, you | > can tune some options concerning fonts when converting PS to PDF, | > like the PDF font embedding or font resolution. | > -- Vadim Plessky SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released http://svgicons.sourceforge.net My KDE page http://kde2.newmail.ru (English) KDE mini-Themes http://kde2.newmail.ru/themes/ >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<