List:       kde-devel
Subject:    LDAP with KAddressBook help (+PATCH)
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2003-01-31 12:24:16

I'm trying to make kaddressbook aware of our ldap server at work.
Evrrything works fine withint Netscape. I added a LDAP resource
in KControl->Components->Address Book, but to make it run, I fixed
2 crashes (see patch attached).
Now kaddressbook runs, but fails to load the LDAP resource.
Failure happens at ldap_search_s with a LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR
error code.

My configuration is:
server: myldap.mydomain.com
port: 389
dn: dc=imec,dc=be
no filter
anonymous login

The Netscape configuration is:
server: myldap.mydomain.com
port: 389
server root: dc=imec,dc=be
anonymous login

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM