List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: problem compiling kde 3.1
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-30 21:16:12

Hi Tom,

On Thursday 30 January 2003 21:37, Tom Cruickshank wrote:
>     I am not sure if this is the right mailing list for this issue, and
> if it isn't, please feel free to direct me to the appropriate one.

kde-pim@kde.org is probably more "tightly focused" in this case, and since it
went wrong in kdepim, that'd be a good place to start.

But you'd get an answer from me anyway, since I'm omnipresent, or something.

> I tried to compile kde 3.1 from source on Mandrake 9.0. Here is as far
> as I get...
>
> In file included from pilotDatabase.cc:34,
>                  from libkpilot_la.all_cc.cc:8:
> /usr/include/pi-appinfo.h:30:26: pi-appinfo.hxx: No such file or
> directory

Looks like mandrake has gummed up the installation of pilot-link (or maybe you
have, if you installed it from source as well). You need the C++ headers as
well, so that you end up with $PREFIX/pi-appinfo.h _and_ pi-appinfo.hxx. And,
um, you're missing the latter.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
     Key fingerprint = 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE