List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror and "\" in links
From:       Stefan Hetzl <shetzl () chello ! at>
Date:       2003-01-28 14:04:59

Hi,

On some websites <a href="......">-Tags can be found that contain "\"
characters instead of "/" characters to indicate the directory structure (for
an example see: http://www.univie.ac.at/publizistik/karmasin/mmf.html - the
links underneath "Vorlesungsunterlagen").
AFAIK this is not correct html but it would be nice if konqueror could handle
such links by automatically replacing "\" by "/" in URLs (IE does that). I
would implement the necessary changes, but I am not sure where to do that.
Should this be corrected in khtml (while parsing the <a href="...">-tag) or
in konqueror while opening the url ?

Thanks for your comments/hints/suggestions,

Stefan Hetzl