List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Ui enhancements
From:       "Luke Chatburn" <lchatburn () isset ! org>
Date:       2003-01-23 20:39:47

Hi Laur...

I'm sorry... I'm afraid I probably wasn't being quite clear in what I
wrote...

A distinct shadow effect of some kind is definitely a good idea, but XP and
OSX employ a drop shadow rather than a glow such as the one that you have
created. Either way is preferable to no text effect at all, and while the
drop shadow is more subtle and less intrusive, the glow does provide a
greater level of distinction... So it really depends which you are aiming
for. Personally, I prefer the drop shadow, but that is just me :)

-Luke