List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Starting KDE
From:       "Andrew Pierce" <amp () foomonkey ! com>
Date:       2003-01-23 2:03:32

This is a _really_ basic question and I feel kind of stupid asking it but
here goes.

I have a RedHat 8.0 installation and I purposefully installed without any
of the RedHat KDE because I wanted to build it all from source.

I successfully downloaded all the qt, arts, kdelibs, and kdebase using
cvsup (yeah!!!) and compiled everything according to the great
instructions given on this list by Julian Rockey. I got everything
compiled w/o errors.

Now, the trouble. I do not know how to startup KDE because my RedHat
distro boots into graphical logon and then straight into GNOME. KDE is not
an option for me.

So, if you all could help me get my newly built KDE started, I would be
quite happy.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew