List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Structure in $HOME
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2003-01-13 2:44:04

On Sunday 12 January 2003 6:49 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 12 January 2003 04:35, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > I guess you could even say that
> > the current kde way isn't all that great sense it is harder to remove all
> > of the settings for a specific application.
>
> rm $KDEHOME/share/apps/appname
> rm $KDEHOME/share/config/appnamerc

Hmm I just tied this on konquror and it still has my history and my
history....

[snip]

> i do like the idea of creating a single place for all desktop apps so that
> it is standardized (as i personally dislike the multitude of methods
> currently in use)... but there is good reason for using, for example,
> "share/config" (which isn't that different than .etc or .config, really?)
> since that mirrors other places such as /usr/share/config. this in turn
> makes it easy for both users and coders to conceptualize and implement
> things like the KDEDIRs configuration layering...

a cache directory is really all I want.  For paint programs, and web programs,
and video editors, and sound editors, and thumbnails, and web browsing and
....  All so that I can delete it knowing that it is nothing that can't be
re-generated/created again.

-Benjamin Meyer