List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Hearts / Using Qt/KDE for server-side apps
From:       Tim Jansen <ml () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2003-01-10 19:50:52

On Friday 10 January 2003 20:11, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > and potentially even embedded devices. And unfortunately Qt doesn't
> > support UDP, so I wouldnt gain much from using the rest of it anyway.
> Could you explaing how this should be understood?
> I have done UDP stuff with Qt on Windows, Alpha and Linux in any
> combination.

There is no equivalent of QSocket for UDP that would give me the full benefit
of using the event loop, being able to use QTimer etc.

QSocketDevice provides some functionality, but there is no direct support for
UDP. You can create the socket, but it lacks equivalents to recvfrom,
multicast and broadcast functionality (that I need). And I still have to use
poll() directly, manage timers and so on, which is by far the largest part.

bye...